|Rocks and Minerals Multiple Choice For Google Apps|
|This sheet is a great one to evaluate your students on rocks and minerals. Also a good resource for homeschool situations. |
Provide the letter that best describes the clue about rocks and minerals.
1. Opening in the earth's crust.
A. sedimentary rocks B. metamorphic rocks C. fossil D. volcano
2. The outer layer of earth.
A. lava B. minerals C. rock D. crust
3. The center of earth.
A. crystal B. igneous rocks C. magma D. inner core
4. Hot, liquid rock below the earth's surface.
A. crust B. volcano C. minerals D. magma
5. Building blocks of rocks.
A. inner core B. crust C. minerals D. igneous rocks
6. Found in rocks, imprint of animal or plant from long ago.
A. fossil B. magma C. sedimentary rocks D. crystal
7. Formed when bits rock and sediment build up over time.
A. metamorphic rocks B. sedimentary rocks C. rock D. fossil
8. Rocks changed by heat and/or pressure.
A. metamorphic rocks B. crust C. igneous rocks D. lava
9. Grain of a mineral with a smooth side.
A. crystal B. fossil C. sedimentary rocks D. volcano
10. Magma that has erupted on the earth's surface.
A. minerals B. lava C. magma D. crystal
11. Rocks that are formed when magma cools and hardens.
A. igneous rocks B. inner core C. lava D. rock
12. Solids made of minerals and rock pieces.
A. crust B. volcano C. rock D. minerals