|How about a little pumpkin math to teach with? Print the worksheet for some great pumpkin math. |
1. Estimate the weight of the pumpkin.
2. Estimate how many vertical lines are on the pumpkin.
3. Estimate how many seeds are in the pumpkin.
4. Do you think larger pumpkins have more seeds or less seeds than smaller pumpkins?
Justify your answer
5. Estimate the diameter of the pumpkin.
6. List the different shapes you could use for eyes and noses on the pumpkin.
7. Estimate how many cups of waste there are in a pumpkin.
8. What is the ratio of seeds to the number of lines on a pumpkin?
9. What is the weight of the pumpkin in pounds? ounces? kilograms?
10. How much do you think the heaviest pumpkin in the world weighed?